https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/03/29/lost-and-found-overflow-that-time-mr-rogers-visited-a-mystery-ev-builder/comment-page-1/
Lost and Found overflow: that time Mr. Rogers visited a mystery EV builder
March 29, 2019  Daniel Strohl

[images
https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_02.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_01.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_03.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_07.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MrRogers_08.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_09.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_10.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_11.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_12.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads//2019/03/MrRogers_05.jpg

https://assets.hemmings.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/MrRogers_04.jpg

video  dated
https://archive.org/details/youtube-253vN1sAoeo
1478  by NeighborhoodVideo
Publication date 2017-10-13
Topics Youtube, video, Education, misterrogersneighborhood, fredrogers,
enjoy classic mister rogers episodes
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=253vN1sAoeo
Uploader: NeighborhoodVideo  Identifier youtube-253vN1sAoeo
Originalurl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=253vN1sAoeo
Scanner Internet Archive Python library 1.7.3  Year 2017
]

In the years since his death, Fred Rogers has been hailed as a champion for
educational television, a practitioner of radical kindness and acceptance,
and a balm for the ills of our modern world. He also, apparently, liked the
idea of electric cars.

Or, at least, we can discern as much from an episode in the show’s 11th
season [
https://archive.org/details/youtube-253vN1sAoeo
], which Brian Austin recently dug up and forwarded to us. Except, after
watching the segment, we’re left scratching our heads over which EV
manufacturer Rogers actually visited.

Here’s the basics: In episode 1478, which originally aired in February 1981,
Rogers visits what he describes as a friend’s garage after showing off a
model of an electric car.

He takes a ride to the garage in a blocky electric pickup with a guy named
Paul, then at the garage itself meets his friend, Wayne.

Wayne explains that the cars are built from steel tubing with fiberglass
bodies.

He also shows off a completed chassis with batteries and drivetrain, and
lets Mister Rogers (you try calling him just Fred) turn the steering wheel.

Mister Rogers then gets a chance to take the pickup for a drive with Paul.

So, of course, as automotive history enthusiasts, we need to know everything
we can about Wayne and the electric vehicles he’s building, but there aren’t
that many clues to go on. Neither Wayne nor Mister Rogers mentions a name
for the cars or for the company. In the Neighborhood Archive entry for
episode 1478, it notes that the show gave special thanks to Electric
Vehicles Industries. But in the background of one of the above scenes, we
see a sign for Electric Vehicle Engineering. Both names are sufficiently
vague to make Google searches pretty much worthless.

Where was the company based? A good bet would be Pittsburgh, where The Fred
Rogers Company produced the episodes for WQED. But as Brian pointed out, the
license plate on the rear of the blue pickup appears to be a red-on-white
Massachusetts dealer plate. Also, Paul refers to the EV as a “cahh.”

The EV’s drivetrain layout is unique enough to serve as a clue as well.
Most, if not all, scratchbuilt EVs from that time were rear-wheel drive, but
this one uses a big motor and 18 6-volt batteries to power the front wheels
via a small coupler, a center differential (possibly from a Corvette, just
flipped upside down?), and a coil-sprung double-wishbone front suspension.

But take note of the bare van-style body and chassis in the background; that
may be the key to the company’s identity. By chance, we came across mention
of Electro Motion Transportation Systems, a company that operated out of
Bedford, Massachusetts, just outside of Boston. According to Beaulieu,
Electro Motion adapted its commercial vehicle (which “featured a tubular
steel chassis with independent suspension and boxy aluminum bodywork with
fiberglass opening panels”) as a four-passenger vehicle from about 1975 to
1976. And according to AllCarIndex, the Electro Motion EV looks identical to
the van-style body in the background of the Mister Rogers segment.

That said, we’ve found zero other mentions of Electro Motion, Electric
Vehicle Industries, or Electric Vehicle Engineering. Nothing on how long
they lasted, how many vehicles they built, or who Wayne and Paul are.
Anybody out there recognize this obscure bit of electric vehicle history?
[© hemmings.com]
https://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/f/fred_rogers/wont_you_be_my_neighbor_lyrics.html
 Would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?
https://www.google.com/search?q=would+you+be+my+neighbor
 Mr. Rogers
https://www.google.com/search?q=would+you+be+my+neighbor+snl
 snl spoof

+
https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/vw-has-no-plan-to-produce-electric-vehicles-in-brazil-in-next-few-years-1818568
VW has no plan to produce electric vehicles in Brazil in next few years
Mar 26, 2019  SAO PAULO (Reuters) - Volkswagen (DE:VOWG_p) AG does not plan
to produce electric or hybrid vehicles in Brazil in the next few years,
although it will begin ...

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}