From: "Mark Hanson via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "Mark Hanson" <markehans...@gmail.com>
Sent: 22-May-19 7:06:20 AM
Subject: [EVDL] Road Trips: plugin vs EV cost per mile

Hi folks
It seems that it's cheaper for taking long road trips to buy a Prius Prime vs a
pricier Tesla or Bolt with a 60kwh battery pack and pay an average of 28c per
kWh average on the road at level 3 fast charging stations.  We have shorter
range cheaper EVs (Spark bought 1 year old for $14k and Leaf $9.2k). At $3 a
gallon/50 = 6c per mile and at 28c per kWh / 4 (ac meas)= 7c per mile in a long
range EV (also have to pay $40k for the car with the 60kwh or so battery pack).
Maybe it's better for the environment to drive a long range EV but for your
wallet the Prius Prime and a shorter range EV for 90% miles local trips makes
more sense.
Have a renewable energy day,
Mark
Www.Reevadiy.org