On 5/22/19 3:08 PM, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:
Actually that 3 cent rate is a bait-and-switch.  They give you two meters.
And then if you take the 3 cent off-peak charging, then your house ON peak
rate goes way up to 17 cents (from ten)...

I agree that the "time of use" rate may not be a cost savings depending upon your other loads.

In our house, the (two) EV's only account for 20-30% of our total electrical usage and cost (and one of them is regularly charged in the daytime hours). Plus, the AC load is usually highest at peak time. So without a battery system to cover daytime usage, it was better for us to stay on the "flat rate" plan.

Jay