From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of George Tyler via EV
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 9:21 PM
To: paul dove via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: George Tyler <g...@tylernz.com>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] FW: PowerWheels idea (Vehicle-to-home)

I have been considering this too, seems silly to convert the solar panel
power to 50/60Hz AC, into the Leaf, then to DC to charge the batteries
again! I am thinking it would be better to have solar always below 360V
(lowest leaf battery voltage) and a boost converter or isolated topology to
charge into the Chardemo port. Boost would mean it does not have to handle
all the power, but I am a bit nervious of having the leaf battery
galvanically connected to the panels! Electronics would be very similar to a
Chardemo charger I guess, will have to have can bus etc, but then you can do
all kinds of other things that will help, like set the charge level to
anything you like, V to G, etc too.