On 18 Aug 2019 at 15:38, Seth Rothenberg via EV wrote:

> (Probably none right near my house, as there are
> charging locations in progress on the Turnpike and the Parkway.
> (The Vince Lombardi Service Area is in place but not yet
> interfacing with evGo membership database :-)

Near what house where?  Which turnpike?  Which parkway?  I'll bet I'm not
the only person here who has no clue where you live.

> To use an analogy, everyone asks "chicken or the egg?"
> but I am asking, "I want to build the nest and charge rent"

Anybody else here remember Bob Rice and his charging station?  About a
decade ago, Bob -- an EVDLer from almost the beginning, and one of the main
movers behind the Citicar, rest his soul -- put up a box with a 14-50
receptacle in his front yard.  He invited any EV driver to charge there for
free.

Times sure have changed.

I mean, I guess it's great that today you can think about EV charging as a
way to make an income.  But somehow it feels like we've lost something here.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator