Brake fluid quality can easily checked by viewing its color - it comes out
of the bottle clear and turns brown/black as it ages with air and
contaminants.  Most service manuals I have seen state around 4-5 years for
brake fluid flushing. There are many youtube videos on how to flush brake
systems, most involve low cost tools and a bottle of brake fluid.  I
understand not everyone wants to turn a wrench, but $200 USD is crazy.
What really, really needs to be checked on an EV brake system is the
lubrication.  Sounds bad to lubricate your brakes but EVs suffer this as
lack of use, not wear will likely ruin your brakes.  The brake pads/shoes
on brake systems need to move freely within their metal sliders with a
silicone or ceramic goo that prevents seizure.  Heating from braking also
helps keep things from seizing.  Where an EV doesnt use much brakes with
regeneration, not much heat is seen and with water/salt spray (particularly
in the rust belt), the lubricant is washed away and the pads/shoes can
seize in place, continuously ride the rotor/ drum, scoring, glazing and
warping the surfaces.  Increased braking effort, longer stopping distances,
noise and shaking/shimming will be symptoms of things gone bad.  Moral of
the story, have your brake sliders inspected/lubricated at least once a
year, more often if you live where salt is used on roads, follow the
service manual for fluid changes which are usually much longer intervals.