I agree with Marco that it is quite likely a dirty/corroded connection between the strap and the cell. This is more common than most folks realize.

Remove the strap. Clean both surfaces with Scotchbright. Apply a thin coating of NoAlOx to the terminal and to the bus bar. Reassemble.

You shouldn't wait too long between the cleaning step and the reassembly step. These should be done in the same work session as corrosion will form on the freshly cleaned surface.

    My two cents.

    Bill D.