From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of EVDL Administrator via
EV
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 1:45 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: EVDL Administrator <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Cheapest off grid storage but can it be used to make
electricity.

On 24 Jan 2020 at 9:55, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:

> That makes PV/Heatpump systems 30 times more cost effective than in
> the early 2000's.  PLUS, you get FULL retail credit for every photon
> that falls on your roof whether you use the hot water or not.

Maybe you do, but increasingly across the US, no green deed goes
unpunished.
Not only are states fining EV drivers wtih punitive road taxes higher than
their ICEV-driving friends pay, I've heard that some utilities are, or
will be in the future, charging so much for the use of their "battery"
that you might as well not bother with the PV.

I'm not an expert on this, but it appears to me that when you combine that
with the future availability of depreciated EV batteries, in many areas of
the US, being voluntarily off-grid will soon make economic sense again.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator

Information: http://www.evdl.org/help/ = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =