Hi Willie,

When I was studying the battery technology about 10 years ago, the assumption was that fast DC charging would only go up to 80% SoC. Above that, you had to reduce power going into the battery significantly in order to avoid damage. Having talked to several power engineers at my current company, this has not changed.  If you watch your power consumption over time, you'll be able to see this ramping.  Oh, something else Tesla does is use air conditioning to keep the batteries cool.  Lots of times I'll walk past a row of charging Teslas and hear their aircon running.

Tesla does appear to understand their technology, and takes good care to keep it working.  Can't say the same for other manufacturers...although I'd be very happy to be corrected.

Cheers, Peter