PLC is one of my least preferred communications transports. Maybe because it's a huge percentage of failures when charging, maybe because there aren't that many vendors (for EVSE, it is dominated by a very large chipmaker in San Diego).

Since this is going to be in an EV, I would prefer to use 100BaseT1, as that is the current design win for EVs.  Yeah, totally overkill as far as bandwidth goes, but almost totally immune to noise - even without shielding.  CAN BUS requires some shielding, and has other limits.

BMS is used during three phases:  charging, discharging, and storage (keeping track of SoC, temperature, resistance). When the environment is really noisy (think full power), you will REALLY need to make sure you aren't draining your batteries too much.

Cheers, Peter