It seems to me there is some wiggle room. I have seen 3.2 to 3.4 top voltage
for A123 batteries.  Official specifications:
Nominal Voltage: 3.3v.
Standard Charge: 3.6A.
Max Charge: 10C.
Max Allowable Charge Voltage: 4.2v Charge voltage is 3.6 volt.
Max Discharge: 30C (Continuous)
Burst Discharge: 60C.
A normal charge on 20 cells would be 72vdc and it could handle up to 84vdc. I
am looking at this BMS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20S-72V-60V-25A-35A-45A-60A-LFP-LiFePo4-Li-ion-Lithium-Cells-Protect-BMS-IP65/312688099275?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=611407917579&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I also inquired about a charger.  I don't know however if I need one unit per
string or not. I suspect 5ah would be plenty. 2strings.  According to the specs
one string has just enough power.  I don't know if the chargers are smart or
not so much to learn.  Lawrence Rhodes

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 2:08:38 PM PDT, paul dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

A 3.7 volt battery charges up to 4.2volts. 20 would be 84 volts fully charged.
3 to 2.5 volts x 20 is 60 to 50 on low end
so depends on what range you want and the max your system will allow.

An A123 is LiFePO4 and they charge to 3.4 volts. 20 is 68 Volts.

On Monday, May 11, 2020, 3:50:59 PM CDT, Lawrence Rhodes via EV