*From:* Bobby Keeland <keela...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 27, 2020 4:58 PM
*To:* Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
*Cc:* Robert Bruninga <bruni...@usna.edu>
*Subject:* Re: [EVDL] : V2g for DIY EV's (economics)

Robert Burnings said "With GT, there is no such thing as wasted, or excess
power, its all converted to $$$ on your electric bill."

That all depends on your local electric company. When we produce more
electricity than we use the excess does go to the utility. We are not paid
for that electricity like people are in some other locations (States?). We
just get a VERY SLIGHT reduction in the cost of any electricity that we buy
from the utility at night.

To make matters worse our local electric utility is no longer installing
net meters when any customer adds solar panels to their home after January
1, 2020. I assume that anyone in my area that adds solar panels will have
the same situation that we had before we got net metering. Electricity that
we got from the utility we paid for. Any of our "excess electricity" that
we generated went to the utility, and we also paid for that. There is/was
any $$$$ in our case.

Dr. Bob Keeland

Louisiana

On Wed, May 27, 2020, 3:11 PM Robert Bruninga via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>