I've never owned a gas mower. I used a rotary push mower for years, then a "Rally" corded electric mower. I used it with a cord for 5-6 years, then added a 120v pack of Gates lead-acid "D" cells to make it cordless, and used it another 5-6 years that way. In fact, I still have some of those Gates "D" cells that are still usable (now ~25 years old)!

I then got an Electrak riding mower (actually a New Idea E-8 version), and later a GE Electrak G-10.

Then I got lazy, and got a Robomower 850. It worked well for 5-6 years, but it was a pain to keep the "border fence" wire intact. Then it broke down, and the company that made it went out of business. I need to "hack" into it and figure out how to fix it.

I'm currently using a Black-and-Decker 36v mower. It's cheap and has broken down several times, but so far I've been able to fix it. The charger was junk (a battery "serial killer"), so now I use a good 12v charger, and charge each of its 12 lead-acid batteries individually. The current batteries are now 6 years old and still going.

Lee Hart

--
If happiness is on your mind, here's a daily list to find:
 - something to do