Haudy Kazemi via EV wrote:
Bob, I don't think anyone other than yourself can give you an 'OK' to
change your conclusion, if doing so pleases you :) That said, I think an
estimated range of 4-15x is too high.

15x does seem high. But it is obviously "a lot". I've left my Leaf parked with the A/C on when I went into a store on a hot day. You can barely tell outside that it's on, and dumping heat into the environment.

But if you walk past an ICE that is doing the same thing, the "heat cloud" around the front of it is very obvious. Depending on the vehicle, the noise and smell are also noticeable.

I don't think it is useful to exaggerate the energy differences as that
just gives more fuel (pun not intended) to naysayers.

Quite so. Facts aren't going to convince the nay-sayers. You'd need some kind of witty viral idea that isn't literally true; but "sticks in their brain".

Sigh... It's probably hopeless to convince the guy in the jacked-up diesel pickup truck, who parks next to your convertible in the drive-in, and leaves it running throughout the movie to keep his A/C on (and deliberately roast and suffocate you).

Lee Hart
--
"We have met the enemy, and he is us." -- Pogo