His reply was not about EVs but whingeing(complaining) about how
life/use-of-the-internet has changed since 2005.

Some might think his post was about my use of that link over spending
time providing a link that did not hit you in the face with a nag screen to
click 'agree' to read the page ...

Any EVangel considering doing what do to constantly search the EV
newswires for weekly posting to the evdl, will have to endure these nag
screens: less so in N.America, and much more so outside NA, especially
.uk and .eu sites.

Harvesting personal data is nothing new. It goes back to the 1990s, when
the internet was not as widely used. Microsoft, aol, netscape, any many
others, were harvesting without telling you.

I'm assuming, .uk & .eu passed laws to tell you what they are doing and
force you to click agree to pay-the-piper so you can read the page.
Folks, this is the search-effort I endure all the time.

BTW, when I choose the one of many links to the same story, I usually
choose the one that has the most information (meat) and images
readers want to read/see.

As always, if you do not want my posts, please know it is very simple
to block them (on your side). I am banking that the evdl archives will
be of invaluable help to the public in the future (there is only about 1/3
of my free EV efforts in the archive, the 1st 2/3 since 1990 were
thrown-away/purged ...  :sob: )

IMO, I wouldn't want to go back to 2005. It wasn't until 2010/11 that
automaker production EVs were offered for sale to the public.

We have many freedoms here in N.America: the right to be a whingeing
old curmudgeon remembering & wanting his good old days of paper
media, rotary dial telephones, 8track,cassette & betamax tapes,
when there was no cell phones, atms, and single-sided 8" floppies
were all-the-rage.

No Virginia, anyone wanting to live before today's internet, covid
lockdowns, etc., should change their name to Sherman and seek out
Mr. Peabody, so they can ride the way-back machine to a time of
ignorant (bullwinkle-moose) bliss.

Disclosure: I don't sell Verizon, but recently I gave up my at&t
(android 5.2 dual-core APU) phone that I was teathing off of for
my internet connection, for the sweet yahoo/verizon $40/mo deal
requring I also buy a $50 supported (5g capabile though currently
running on 4g, andriod 9, quard-core APU) phone.
Its faster, cheaper per mo., w/ (so-called) unlimited data. at&t
treated me well for many years of searching the EV newswires,
but their data plans just did not keep up with today's web page
data demands (I would run up against at&t's 8gb data limit way
before the end of the month because today's web pages have so
many ads, and auto-stream videos, etc. that eat data voraciously).
Now, I search &search, play EV video streams without worrying.

Speaking of backward thinking, GM is thinking of spinning off
their EV line, see

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/general-motors/2020/08/01/gm-electric-vehicles-mary-barra/5549426002/
GM's Barra indicates consideration of electric vehicle spin-off
2020/08/01  General Motors should create a new electric vehicle company.
That's one idea that came from GM's call with analysts this week after the
automaker released its ...

IMO,it was dumb when GM assigned Saturn as EV1's brand, which
eventually went no-where after the EV1s were crushed.
Also, haven't we learned anything that making EVs
separate-but-not-equal, does not work?

For EVLN EV-newswire posts view:
 http://www.evdl.org/archive/
https://mail-archive.com/ev@lists.evdl.org/maillist.html