Fixed fees on charging station sessions discourage the use of stations when
only a small amount of energy is needed. These fees encourage long sessions.

Per minute rates discourage EVs from charging at the station when they
cannot charge at the maximum rate the station is capable of. This
especially affects vehicles with lower usable capacity batteries that
cannot absorb charge quickly, and any EV that is nearing full capacity. Per
minute rates may discourage parking after charging ends.

High per kWh rates discourage the use of stations to charge beyond the
point where just enough energy has been added as needed to get to a
destination with less expensive rates.

I think Tesla's approach to rates is mostly reasonable. Per kWh where
allowed and in relation to local energt prices. Per time, where per kWh is
not allowed, tiered into power levels. Now if only they would also let
customers select the max charge rate while supercharging...