From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of EVDL Administrator via EV
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2020 1:55 PM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: EVDL Administrator <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: Re: [EVDL] wanted s10 ev

You can see a few USE S10s at evalbum.com.

I have to agree with Paul.  Expecting $9,000 for that truck is probably more
than a little optimistic.

I may be going a bit too far to the pessimistic side, but IMO given the
current conversion market and its non-running condition, yours might be
worth something closer to $900.

Here's a '94 USE S10 offered back in 2003 for $5k - in running condition.

http://mattvideo.com/electric/_disc1/0000002e.htm

The USE S10s and Prizms can't compare to modern factory EVs, but they were
actually pretty nice conversions for their time.  Fifteen to 20 years ago,
lots of folks who had USE vehicles really liked them.  The battery costs
were daunting, though.  They used a big tray full of expensive AGMs.

By the late 1990s, spare parts for them were already a problem.  Back then
we had an EVDL poster who was asking how he could re-convert his dead USE
S10 using a more conventional DC motor.

There used to be a Yahoo Group for USE support.  I don't know what's
happened to it since Yahoo tore down their groups' infrastructure, but IIRC
they had quite a lot of troubleshooting information.  If you could get your
drive system going and upgrade the battery to lithium you'd probably have
something.

I don't know whether it'd be $9k worth, though.  At this point probably most
folks who are interested in EV pickups will be sitting tight for the Tesla,
Rivian, or possibly one of the possibly-vaporware Ford or GM E-pickups
promised for later.

In any case, good luck with it.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my offlist
address here : http://evdl.org/help/index.html#supt

     We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and
     technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about
     science and technology.

                                               -- Carl Sagan = = = = = = = =