On 18 Dec 2020 at 0:01, Robert Bruninga via EV wrote:

> 42 Miles EV range and 3 full size back row seats. (compared to Prius
> Prime range of only 25 mi.) Her daily average mileage is on the order of 35
> mi+.

That 20% doesn't seem like much of a range buffer.  Seems to me she's likely
to run short in cold weather, and probably on hot summer days when whe wants
aircon.

The range will fall as the battery ages, too.  At 80% battery capacity, it
won't be enough no matter what the conditions are.

That said, I don't know the market situation for true hybrids, so I don't
have a better suggestion.

I also woudn't encourage anyone to trade with Toyota at all, given the short
shrift they've given to true EVs for years.  But that's a different matter.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     If you aren't sure whether you can do this, just try it.
     The worst thing that can happen is that your computer could
     explode.

                                -- GIMP Documentation