Depends on how the vehicle is designed.   I don't know about the Rav4, but I am
familiar with the Chevy Volt.  From what I understand, because of the way Chevy
designed them, even the original Volts still have 100% of their original
battery range.

What Chevy did was never allow you to use 100% of the battery's capacity.  They
always maintained the battery somewhere between 10-20% SoC and 80-90% SoC.  The
system is designed to never allowed it to fully charge, or fully discharge.
This not only extended the battery life significantly, but allowed a buffer so
that as the battery ages you lose the buffer rather than the core range.
I'm sure eventually they will run out of buffer and then the owners will start
to see a drop in range, but even on the 10 year old vehicles that's not
happening yet.

I just wish that Chevy's marketing and sales folks were 1/2 as good as their
engineers.