From: EV <ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org> On Behalf Of Peri Hartman via EV
Sent: Friday, April 9, 2021 17:34
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: Peri Hartman <pe...@kotatko.com>
Subject: [External] Re: [EVDL] large drone ?

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender's actual email
address and know the content is safe.

Now, Lee is really making sense.

The drone issue is highly controversial. I know the FCC is working on rules but
that's only the start. There are issues with
- noise
- safety
- privacy
- effectiveness.

The first three are obvious. Lee touches on the fourth. There are problems with
accessing covered porches, avoiding eaves, bushes, wires, and other aerial
obstructions.

On the other hand, a robot device could navigate anywhere a human does.
It could also be loading the next stop's package(s) while the truck is
traveling. Couple that with autonomous vehicles (in some future century
:) and the whole process becomes much more efficient than today.

Peri