nathan christiansn via EV wrote:
Has anyone successfully integrated solar panels into their EV? If so, could
you please share what charge controller you used?

First, it should be noted that PV panels on an EV are a special case solution. It's usually better to put them on a fixed structure (garage roof, etc.), and plug the EV into them when parked.

That said, I have a small PV panel on my 2001 Prius. It keeps the 12v battery charged when the car sits for long periods. Without it, the 12v battery would go dead in 2-3 weeks from all the on-board computers.

At other times, I've had PV panels on my VW van EV, and my LeCar EV conversion. Again, they only charged the 12v accessory battery.

There have also been a lot of custom ultra-efficient EVs with huge PV panel arrays. These are more for race vehicles than for practical daily drivers.

Lee Hart

--
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is
        -- Antoine de Saint Exupery