Hi Guys,

I have an 8 year old LiFePO4 pack in my car and wonder if anyone knows what the
end of life failure mode is for these?

Over the pandemic lock down I was not driving the car for 3 months and noticed
one day that all the cells were flat, ~2V. I attributed this to some parasitic
loads over the 3mo, and charged it back up.

Then, with a full charge I drove ~10 miles (about 25% of my 'old' range) and
parked, and after a couple weeks noticed I was back ~2V per cell.

I put it on charge and it seems to have charged up and is holding voltage now.

Is this how LiFePO4 batteries toss in the towel or do I still have a parasitic
load to debug? What is the failure mode?

Thanks for any tips.
Chris
http://www.evalbum.com/4743