>From what I've read, California now has so many PV installations that
they're actually deliberately cutting output - there's more supply than
demand.  Springtime is a particular problem because there's ample sunshine,
but the weather is mild, so there's little need for heating or aircon.

Long-term storage would seem to be the real answer, I guess (I"m not an
expert), and maybe the legislature needs to revisit their RE goals.

But for the immediate situation, more EVs => more demand => more efficient
use of installed PV, no?

Since charging tends to be at night, short-term storage would be a factor, I
suppose.  Seems easier to implement than long-term storage, but again, what
do I know?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my