On 4 Sep 2021 at 20:55, Lawrence Rhodes via EV wrote:

> I thought you could mix ground with neutral?

Ground and neutral are bonded together at only one point in your house.
Usually that's at the main panel or main disconnect.  From that point on,
ground and neutral are kept totally separate.

You can't use the equipment ground as a substitute for neutral.  It creates
a potentially hazardous situation and will trip a GFI, including the one in
an EVSE.  To charge at 120v, you'll need an appropriately sized transformer.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     People don't sleep enough, and they all seem to be hunting
     something that can't be caught.  You think you're the dominant
     species just because you go to the bathroom in a bowl instead
     of a box.  But who's cleaning up after whom?

                       -- Souseme, "Felines of New York"