Thank you Bill for all your expertise on this subject.

I came across this Youtube video demonstrating how to use the Mirai’s
Homelink controls to open a garage door:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7XjqEaWExY

The last few seconds show a Mirai opening the garage; assuming to park
the car in the garage and close the door.  However, I looked at
several other videos of the same generic format and **NONE** of them
show a Mirai entering or leaving a garage.  In one case, there is a
car already parked there and it has a spoiler on its trunk.

I'm wondering if they are hedging their bets??  For instance, in
building apartments, there are standards with regard to fire retardant
treated wood products.  It makes a big difference in time on whether
the fire retardant is "painted" on or it is infused into the lumber.
The companies that paint it on are always trying to loosen the
standards thus giving people less time to evacuate their apartment in
the event of a fire.  The infused products are more expensive.  So
there is an economic incentive to loosen and game the standards.

From what you are implying, if sheltering a Mirai in a closed garage
goes against hydrogen safety standards, this might be an attempt to
provide the impression of normalcy without a Mirai actually entering a
garage thereby actually violating the standards (and subsequent
lawsuits, if something goes wrong).  However, is there such a standard
against garaging HFCEVs or are they too new for a standard to have
been developed?