On 24 Oct 2021 at 18:53, Matthew Pitts via EV wrote:

> Why wouldn't folks make use of the time needed to charge their car by
> doing so at a charger at their favorite store? They'll have to be
> inside it for a certain period of time anyway.

Exactly. That's the current situation in rural France.  Public charging is
essential because many people live as Cor describes, in what we'd call
townhouses or rowhouses.  Some houses have garages, but many don't.

Supermarkets and Target-style places often provide free charging.  So do
municipal buildings. If you're mostly driving locally, that's all you really
need.

Free is good, but I really long for the day when charging an EV will be just
like fueling an ICEV - drive down the main drag comparing the price slates
in front of the charging stations, pull into the one with known-clean
restrooms and good coffee, pop your credit card into the scanner, and charge
up.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they've
     been fooled.

                                                      -- Mark Twain