Another option, if losing the bus bars is okay, might be to cut the bus
bars in half (sawzall + shopvac to control metal dust ?), and then try to
push/pull each bar end piece in the direction that should loosen each nut
(counterclockwise). The nut only needs to turn enough to loosen the nut so
that fingers or an about-to-slip vise grip can take over. A quarter turn
may be enough.