An interesting read, I'll be forwarding this to several Muskiphiles who think that the world revolves around Elon, and who've neglected to consider others in the Tesla sphere who actually made the technology possible.

Here's a link to the original article:

https://time.com/6176778/jb-straubel-battery-problem/

In September of 2001, JB and I were working out a plan to caravan our two Rabbit pushers up Interstate 5 to Woodburn for the NEDRA drags. In the end, his schedule got so compressed, that he may not have made the event at all. much less with his car and trailer. I ended up hauling my pusher there behind my pickup truck after a small plasma fire annihilated the field control relay in my EV.

Moral of this story: Never randomly press down on contactors in your controller circuitry when the circuits are energized!