It is pretty easy to do the math here, simple arithmetic. The sun shines
maybe 1100W/meter ^2, that is the peak. Current efficiency of solar PV is
no more than 20%. So 220W/m^2. One square meter will get you 1kWhour in a
little less than 5 hours. You might get 6 peak hours on a really sunny day,
but this varies up a little and definitely down. Clouds are hell. Parking
in the shade is hell, driving around is hell.

Seems to me you are not going to get anything but the tiniest fraction of
what is needed to move a store bought EV around with onboard PV.

--
Michael E. Ross
(919) 585-6737 Land