Thanks. I'll contact them, though it is a bit difficult to get the leaf to portland.
Peri

<< Annoyed by leaf blowers ? https://quietcleanseattle.org/ >>

------ Original Message ------
From: "Bob Bath via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: "Electric Vehicle Discussion List" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Cc: "Bob Bath" <civicwithac...@yahoo.com>
Sent: 12-Nov-22 08:51:17
Subject: Re: [EVDL] Leaf battery replacement ?

EVRides in Portland is all I know.

Sincerely,
Bob Bath
541.761.0838

Note: any misspellings of the contents of this message are due to 56 y.o.
vision, hyperactive spell check changing what I typed, or fat fingering— not
cluelessness.

 On Nov 12, 2022, at 8:50 AM, Willie via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

 On 11/12/22 10:37, Peri Hartman via EV wrote:
 Does anyone know if there are people or shops willing to do a battery
replacement for a 2011 leaf in the greater seattle area ?

 The range in my Leaf was a dismal 20 miles in our sub zero weather last
winter. It certainly isn't going to be any better this winter :)

 I've been looking to simply buy a new EV, which may make the most sense, but
am not finding anything that meets my needs and isn't too expensive. I'd like
something I can take on modest road trips, which means I would want a
reasonably fast L3 recharge from 10% to 80%, like 30 minutes. And not over $40k
including tax, etc.

 The Bolt EV is close, but I think it's charge time is about 1h 20, which makes
it impractical for road trips. There are several models, e.g. Kona, which I
think are a bit over $40k all costs included that charge in, perhaps 40 minutes
(probably acceptable). But another option could be to extend the life of my
leaf and see what options are on the market in 2-3 years. I need to look at
that before making a decision.

 If I keep the leaf, it wouldn't be for road trips. But I would like to be able
to make a 50 mile RT in 0F weather. That probably means having a 30kWh battery,
at least. I'm figuring about 60% range at 0F and 30kWh should give somewhere
close to 100 miles under good conditions, right ?

 Does anyone know if there are still people replacing 2011 leaf batteries in
the greater seattle area ?

 No direct help, but I have been monitoring the situation since when I bought
my POS Leaf in 2011. I expected the battery to last ~10 years at which time I
could more cheaply buy a bigger/better replacement.  Well, you know what
happened.

 Please post if you find anything interesting.  If you put labor into getting
into the battery, it may be best to get much higher than OEM capacity.

 Actually, I now consider only the Nissan battery a POS, not the entire car.

 It DOES seem that there should be more battery replacement options available.

 HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/