The other thing that needs to be considered is the changing battery
energy densities.  With various reports hinting at 4 to 5 times the
energy density of current batteries, ranges of 300 miles could become
1200 to 1500 miles or packs that are 4 to 5 times smaller and with
recharge times that are in the low double to single digits. I think
the latter will be the norm with EV "touring" options where overnight
motel guests can Level 2 or even Level 3 recharge.

The idea being in that Level 3 chargers are moved to where people will
be recharging on long trips leaving Level 1 and 2 to home charging.
We often recharge at a Sheetz gas station that has a fast food
restaurant and rest room facilities.  By the time we use the rest
rooms, order and eat a meal, we are about ready to unplug and continue
on our way.

Just some ideas that may or may not pan out.

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/