From: "EV List Lackey via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2023 12:55
To: ev@lists.evdl.org
Cc: "EV List Lackey" <evp...@drmm.net>
Subject: [EVDL] EVLN: More bad PR for Tesla

Tesla is getting some rough PR lately.

Obviously, there's the "every vehicle" recall that isn't, but is really a
remote reprogramming.

Then this article landed yesterday:

"Tesla drivers are the most accident-prone, according to a LendingTree
analysis of 30 car brands. It found that Tesla drivers are involved in more
accidents than drivers of any other brand. Tesla drivers had 23.54 accidents
per 1,000 drivers. Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90) were the only other brands
with more than 20 accidents per 1,000 drivers for every brand."

Full article:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebanker/2023/12/18/tesla-has-the-highest-
accident-rate-of-any-auto-brand/

or https://v.gd/y2FFnb

Forbes is pretty careful to not speculate on why.  But you can bet that many
people outside the Musk-o-verse will say "it's because of Autopilot," while
Musket-heads will be more apt to say "not enough owners using Autopilot."

Eh, I'm staying out of it.

What I wonder about, and WILL mention, is something that the original source
sort of takes a whack at and glances off of.

Teslas tend to be powerful vehicles.  I don't know whether I can say too
much about this since I don't own one and have never driven one, but I do
know that while ludicrous (Tesla's own word) acceleration can sometimes get
you out of trouble fast, it can also get you INTO trouble really fast.
Especially if you're young and hormone-addled, and/or drunk or high, and/or
just not that skilled a driver.

Somehow I strongly doubt that any Tesla software update is going to change
that part of the vehicles' behavior.

Also, off topic - Ram, yeah, I can see that - but Subaru???  Really?

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     In America, anybody can be president. That's one of the risks
     you take.

                                -- Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/