After Hertz pulled themselves off the bankruptcy ropes, they said that they
were get into EVs in a big way, with 20% of their fleet to be electrified.

That's now in reverse.  They're dumping 1/3 of their EV this year.

Of the 700 EVs they currently have up for sale, 673 are Teslas.  I'd guess
that that's mostly because they bought more Teslas than other brands.

But it may also be that Hertz has soured more on Teslas.  According to one
article, their main Tesla gripes are that

        - Renters crash and damage Teslas more often than other cars
        - Teslas are more expensive to repair, especially for bodywork
        - Tesla's price cutting has hurt the cars' resale value

The third point sounds to me like a good reason to KEEP the cars, not sell
them, but what do I know?

They're planning to sell 20,000 used EVs, and will use the proceeds to buy
more ICEVs.

On the upside, this means that you might have a chance to get a relatively
cheap Tesla 3 or Y, if you don't mind high mileage and/or the possibility of
getting a repaired wreck.

More details:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2024/01/hertz-is-selling-20000-used-evs-due-to-
high-repair-costs/

or https://cntp.me/O6rvXat

The following article suggests that one reason Hertz saw more damage to
Teslas might be that they were used for "ride sharing" apps:

https://www.theverge.com/2024/1/11/24034462/hertz-ev-sell-one-third-fleet-
ice-tesla-polestar-used

or https://cntp.me/pr47uXa

PS - a comment in one of the other several articles about this news pointed
out something that I've noted too. Most of the big international car rental
agencies group Teslas with the luxury and dexotic cars.  The person posting
said that he recently rented a big SUV for $270 and used $55 worth of fuel.
A Tesla from the same agency would have cost him $495.

To reach me, don't reply to this message; I won't get it.  Use my

     English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows
     other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes
     through their pockets for loose grammar.

                                   -- Jamee Nicoll

HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/