Hi Christine
The real reason is you *can’t* drive it for two hours until after training.
Don’t know why the article didn’t mention that fundamental problem with
Tesla’s.  I had to ask a guy walking down the sidewalk how to make it go
forward (push the right side wiper looking stalk down), from Tysons Corner DC,
didn’t touch anything else till I got home. Next day a guy in the club gave me
a 2 hour crash course on how to operate all the screen controls.  I don’t know
why Elon decided to stir all the controls around compared to a standard car,
but you certainly wouldn’t want to use it as a rental!   I always ask the
various car rental companies In CO about EVs and they always say they’re not
available so I assume this must be California.  $20K for a model 3 assuming low
(not hard) miles would be good but most guys I know treat rentals like race
cars and jeeps. New price is supposedly at $37K.
Love the car (Tesla-Y) though, best charging network for all our family trips!
The Bolt takes about an hour to charge and Electrify America CCS charging in
"red" states is iffy with poor maintenance.  The Leaf is strickly for local
trips.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone