Hertz is in business to make money. It is a BUSINESS not a government anti
pollution program.
I did not build my 40 foot long Totally Electric Powered Solar (TEPS)tm boat
for sale or rental.
It would never yield a profit that to allow a company to generate enough money
to pay workers, a design team, insurance, taxes, marketing and enough profit
for me to plow back into sales.

I am a solar boat nut because it works perfectly BUT only for a few folks who
desire a slow go. EVs provide a fast go but limited range - therefore limited
acceptance. Hertz has run the numbers and the numbers are poor (to put it
exceptionally nice).

My solar boat, its design, 35 years work, testing and upgrades has shown me
that I will stick to ICEs for the rest of my foreseeable life. Preferable ICEs
are vintage 1956 to 1979. However a 2005 Mercedes Benz Sprinter, five cylinder
diesel, low emission is approaching 300k miles of carefree driving. EVs are
great for certain applications and limited range unlike the MOG Canal Boat with
unlimited range and low speed.

As an industrial designer I expect more than a glass dash to impulse me to buy
an EV. I want power, speed, economy of PURCHASE, economy of fueling
(electricity), low maintenance/cost and stations galore for fuel. That ain’t
happened yet and Hertz is wiser.

Until there is a 10 minute zero to full battery charge station with 20 servers
every few kilometers and a vastly improved national grid to deliver the
gigawatts of power to slake demand, I will be on the sidelines rooting for the
EVs but definitely not impressed to date.
HELP: http://www.evdl.org/help/