Dear Plone evangelists,

I want to welcome you all to the new consolidated
marketing/evangelism/promotion list.  You will be hearing more from me
in the coming weeks especially as we approach the Plone strategic
planning summit next week at the Googleplex.

To get you all thinking about innovative ways to market Plone, I'd
like to share this video presentation on Marketing for Geeks by Eric
Sink.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6313958041485351345&hl=en-GB

Since most of the people driving Plone forward are developers, the
needs of the customer / end-user tend to get overlooked. The idea of
Plone as a product is downplayed in favor of making Plone a better
platform on which to develop web apps.

It is my belief that in order for Plone to succeed in the marketplace,
we cannot ignore the customer needs, and we need to think of Plone
more as a product for normal users, not just developers.

What ideas or resources do you suggest for improving the marketing and
promotion of Plone?
How can we make Plone more accessible and catered to real customer needs?

thanks,
Nate