Hi everybody,

a topic I care a lot about is: aggragating/promoting/spreading Plone locally, I've always cared a lot.

Initiatives like to World Plone Day are great to this respect; another mayor actionable is.... country-specific Plone sites!

I'm very happy about the PF position on the topic ("The Foundation is, in general, happy to see "country-specific" Plone sites) and also happy that the PF could work out very simple and clear guidelines for it: (http://plone.org/foundation/committees/ip/country-specific-domain-policy ).

Following this "encouragement" from the Foundation in Italy we started developing the plone.it site (http://plone.it).

"The new Plone.it portal is addressed to the italian community of Plone users and developers: it aims to provide documentation about Plone in italian, visibility and aggregation for the italian community, and a channel to find and contribute localized material for the promotion of Plone." (see full press release: http://www.plone.it/diffondi/comunicati/pressrelease-ploneit) .

And we decided to the focus on:

1) have a wide participation of the local community

2) develop the site as a bridge to the wider international community (plone.org, plone.net, etc.): i.e. plone.it is not a final destination, but an "entry point" (like current plone.org/countries/XY pages).

3) focus on local/regional specific products/market/etc. (italian Public Administration stuffs, italian specific events, etc.)

4) global consistency of the logo/brand: no plone logo derivative, but simple .it extention; consistency with new Plone logo color.

Like for the World Plone Day I hope other countries will follow (if they don't have local/regional sites already). I wish local communities can grow, develop and market Plone locally... with some global/international coordination! We can share experiences, ideas, code and much more.

cheers,
Francesco.

--
Francesco Ciriaci                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Reflab S.r.l. - Design, Development and Consulting