Its a great idea!

I'd propose first offering a buildout with a demo-instance which is
resetting itself every X hours (with X an configurable value).

I think using demostorage is a good idea here.

This buildout then can be extended for use with specific projects, such
as P4A or rich demos with several add on products in.

I need to prepare a buildout anyway, if this idea is ok, i'd put such a
builodut in the - help appriciated :)