[meant to send back to list]

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Hamilton <ma...@netsight.co.uk>
Date: 21 April 2009 15:24:24 BST
To: Graham Perrin <g.j.per...@bton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: [Evangelism] Visual roadmaps for prospective users, integrators and developers (was: How would you position Plone?)

On 21 Apr 2009, at 11:58, Graham Perrin wrote:

On the subject of intersecting lines and subway maps: at
<http://www.akasig.org/2003/12/11/zope-and-plone-learning-roadmap/> there's a learning-oriented graphic. It's old (2003) but still, I found it very
appealing ( http://www.diigo.com/05kox highlights ).

Also, (and I'm not sure if this was in Dylan's original email) there is the CMS Watch Vendor Map:

http://www.cmswatch.com/vendormap/

It does a great job of showing Plone... the 2008 one I think was slightly better than the 2009 one, but still it is very good. It shows Plone on a lot more lines than any of the other similar products. We use it at Expos and the likes to 'relate' Plone to other systems. People wander around expos and see massive booths of names they have already heard of, when they get to the Plone booth we have something to show them how Plone relates to those other systems.

-Matt

--
Matt Hamilton                                       ma...@netsight.co.uk
Netsight Internet Solutions, Ltd. Understand. Develop. Deliver http://www.netsight.co.uk +44 (0)117 9090901 Web Design | Zope/Plone Development & Consulting | Co-location | Hosting