On May 10, 2009, at 11:28 PM, Christopher Johnson wrote:

On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 10:29 PM, Gabrielle Hendryx-Parker <gabrie...@sixfeetup.com > wrote:

As a reminder, we have scheduled a short conference call to coordinate
our upcoming Friday Marketing Tune-Up work on WEDNESDAY, MAY 13TH at
NOON EDT.

Chris, do you think you can make the pre Tune-Up call to elaborate on
the Plone-salesforce.com work you want to do, and how it relates to
promoting Plone in general?

Uhh...I have an auto-added event on Thursday, and I thought that's when the meeting was. Wed. is my 10 yr anniversary with Tirza and I'm not scheduling any meetings :).

Basic idea is that:
- in nonprofit space (but beyond that too), Plone+salesforce.com is a killer app and has the chance to build awareness about Plone (since we're the only ones with this kind of integration). It's basically Act Now or Be Obsolete (ie when Joomla and Drupal catch up, we won't get the attention). So the window is probably less than a year to really get the word out there. - salesforce.com is a good complement to the things Plone doesn't do well (ie relational db work and email communications, etc) - nonprofits can get salesforce.com for free, which makes it very compelling, and since salesforce.com has such brand visibility, it could help us to be associated (and boosted by their efforts).

I'm happy to meet with anyone on Thurs who wants to talk about the salesforce.com marketing initiative.

GHP: I apologize for the confusion. There won't be any more Thursday Marketing calls. Instead, we will follow the Plone Tune-Up schedule and have a brief phone call a few days prior to coordinate the Marketing Tune Up effort. Therefore the next call is on WEDNESDAY, MAY 13th at NOON EDT.

Chris, I am sorry you can't attend on Wednesday. We'll discuss your proposed marketing work around Plone+salesforce and get back to you. Talk to you on Friday 15th, though!