Norman,

What type of shop do you run or work at, and where are you located?

It'd be great to get more user/adopter/designer/developer user stories out there by way of interview/ustream/youtube. There's been a lot of FUD put out there by the PHP-ers of the world about how difficult Plone was to get ramped up with. They leave out that PHP is the only scripting technology that they know and that Plone doesn't use PHP, of course.

Anyhow, if you can do a self-produced video/screencast of the things you've found that Plone makes easy that you haven't found in other tools, it would be so powerful in getting the word out. This type of message from Plone integrators just doesn't carry as much weight.

Thanks,
Ken Wasetis
www.contextualcorp.com

Norman Fournier wrote:
On 2009-12-08, at 11:33 PM, Alexander Limi wrote:

Also, TCO usually means "we couldn't find any other way to justify the cost of our product, and we're taking a beating in the market right now, so we made up* this totally arbitrary calculation that shows our competitor as being harder to use / weird to set up / too communist."

* aka. "paid a company to make charts"

At least that's what usually happens when Microsoft starts touting TCO numbers. ;)

--
Alexander Limi ยท http://limi.net <http://limi.net/>