On 29/12/2009, at 9:32 PM, Karl Horak wrote:

You might want to take a look at the
http://www.coactivate.org/projects/plone-marketing/summary Plone Marketing
Project  at Co-Activate.

Not sure that wiki reflects the current state of things.
There is a closed door marketing committee consisting of Mark and Julian I think that was announced at the Plone conference. I'm not sure how often they meet or where the decisions from that goes. There is the marketing plan which has been posted [1]

There was a meeting about marketing issues at the Plone conference this year and my take on that was that there was a lot of hope from everyone that this new committee would provide leadership on how to market plone, positioning and help organise us volunteers into doing something effective.
So you I guess you should talk to Mark Corum.

[1] http://plone.org/foundation/marketing-workspace/plone-marketing-plan-2009

--Karl

ejah wrote:

I got the strong impression from going through this list and other docs that we are having trouble with our positioning and value proposition. Maybe I missed some relevant documents, can then someone please provide me
the pointer?

I would like to help develop both for us. Would the forum be the place for
that?
Cheers,
Ernst