I think you bring up some great points, Csaba, and I hope we're all able
to carry the momentum forward and produce some results in these areas as
well.  Nate (and Alan, and Alex, and Calvin, and Chris Johnson) and I
were all at an open source CMS Expo recently in the Chicago area, and I
think it was a great experience for many reasons, but on this subject,
especially from the standpoint of learning from what the other
communities are doing - whether it is making Plone more easy to test out
via the click of a button on some new 'demo.plone.org' site we should
have setup, or via a cpanel or plesk integration that most mass hosting
companies use, or whether it's building up the niche-specific
collateral/teams to help get the word out about Plone4Education,
Plone4Government, etc., etc.

One of the things I've heard from existing clients, that I think you
allude to below, is:  How do I wade through all the 3,000+ extensions on
Plone.org and figure out which ones are still maintained, recommended,
widely used, and which sites are using them?

I think that one thing the other communities do really well - that we
could certainly improve upon - is the use of tagging and rating of
extensions.  Take, for example, http://extensions.joomla.org/

The Joomla community treats this area about as well as visiting the App
Store for the iPhone, with more information about: Ratings of the
product by users/developers, URLs using the extension, presenting the
site as though it's a software product type website (recently added and
featured products sections on its landing page) instead of more of a
closet of applications we're stuffing away somewhere.  This area has
improved a lot over the past few years on Plone.org as well, so don't
get me wrong - we have nice tagging by feature area and Plone version,
but we could still improve.  People want to know who is using this
add-on and where, as well as how recently it's been deployed.

I think that the SugarCRM project takes this even a step further by
providing an entire portal around their extensions:
http://www.sugarforge.org/  and giving props to developers that are most
actively releasing add-ons, showing the 'top downloads', and they have a
monthly email newsletter that showcases some of the recent/featured

Plone has some 'killer add-ons' as well (Salesforce, SOLR, and LDAP
integration, the e-campaigning tools you mention, etc.), and just as
most people who have an iPhone do so for the apps, not for the phone
capabilities, we could do a better job of bringing people to Plone as a
vibrant platform for the 'things you can do with it', not just as a true