Sorry, I'm may not have been clear... I think I understand what was
demonstrated in the examples and videos. However, I need to dispatch my own
custom event dispatchEvent( new Event( "myEvent" ) ); because I'm not
looking for a click or otherwise automatically dispatched event...

Currently, I'm using a singleton to broadcast events and to listen to
events on... Given the following example, how can I accomplish the same
using your class/library?

*Let's say I have:*
package com.name.connections
{

import com.name.events.EventSingleton;

public class Connection
{

private var _evt:EventSingleton;

public function Connection()

{

_evt = EventSingleton.dispatcher;
_evt.dispatchEvent( new Event( "somethingHappen" ) );

}

}

}

*Then I have:*
package com.name.handlers
{

import com.name.events.EventSingleton;

public class LoginHandler

{

private var _evt:EventSingleton;

public function LoginHandler()

{

_evt = EventSingleton.dispatcher;

_evt.addEventListener( "somethingHappen", doSomething );

}

}

}

http://fla.as/ec