Fórum Internacional do Software Livre (FISL) (International Free
Software Forum) is an event that seeks the promotion and adoption of
free software.

The event is meant as a "get-together" of students, researchers,
social movements for freedom of information, entrepreneurs,
Information Technology (IT) enterprises, governments, and it takes
place every year in Brazil.

Last year, FISL received more than 8200 people, and had the presence
of Brazilian president, Luis Inacio Lula da Silva, whose government
officially supports Free/Open Source Software.

Last year we had 5 technical talks about Perl; 3 about Ruby; 6 about
Python; and 7 about Java. However I really missed introductory talks
like "Why Perl?" and business cases.

What are the best ways to promote Perl to an open audience? What
business cases we could possibly show? (Enterprise and Government?)

Nelson

--
Nelson Ferraz