Greeting, list!

My name is John Thieling, and I’m a long-time Owncloud user. Over the last
two years or so, I’ve gotten many of my colleagues and friends to abandon
commercial cloud services and switch to the awesomeness that is Owncloud.

Owncloud makes it incredibly easy to evangelize…the software is very well
written, and the setup is simple enough for anyone who had the wherewithal
to set up their own server in the first place. For those who are less
technically inclined, I’ve found it very easy to install and configure the
software for them, as well as train them on how to make it work for them.

I am very much looking forward to what versions 8.0 and 8.1 have in store
for us. The post I read on how contributors were refactoring the code based
on the results of profiling with Blackfire was particularly exciting.

I don’t know that I have the time to spin up an Owncloud event in my area,
but if anyone in the Greater Chicagoland are does and is in need of help,
I’d be happy to assist in whatever capacity is needed.

Thanks for Owncloud!

Regards,

John