On Fri, Feb 20, 1998 at 02:48:25PM +1000, Mitchell Porter wrote:
> WD:
> > Ok, let me give my understanding of what a "world" is in MWI. Suppose we
> > take the UWF and consider it as the superposition of two wavefunctions:
> >
> > PSI = c_0 PSI_0 + c_1 PSI_1.
> >
> > If from examining the time evolution of PSI, we can tell that there is
> > very little interference between PSI_0 and PSI_1 after time t_1,
>
> Can you define what "interference" means here?

I mean there's intereference between PSI_0 and PSI_1 at (r,t) if

PSI*(r,t) PSI(r,t) dr <> |c_0| PSI_0*(r,t) PSI_0(r,t) + |c_1| PSI_1*(r,t)
PSI_1(r,t) dr

If for all r and t>t_1 the left side is approximately equal to the right
side, then there is little inteference between PSI_0 and PSI_1 after time
t_1.