A new article by Caticha:

I explore the possibility that the laws of physics might be laws of inference rather than laws of nature. What sort of dynamics can one derive from well-established rules of inference? Specifically, I ask: Given relevant information codified in the initial and the final states, what trajectory is the system expected to follow? The answer follows from a principle of inference, the principle of maximum entropy, and not from a principle of physics. The entropic dynamics derived this way exhibits some remarkable formal similarities with other generally covariant theories such as general relativity.