On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:02:20PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> Just to tell you that the Joyce book you refer to us is indeed
> interesting and could motivate for mathematical tools common in decision
> theory, philosophical logic, and theories related to the machine interview
> I am engaged in.

I recommended Joyce more for its philosophy rather than its mathematics,
but I'm glad you found that useful too. Now can you go back and answer
some earlier questions at
http://www.escribe.com/science/theory/m3814.html? I'll quote them here for
you:

Here's a new question for you, Bruno. What interpretation of probability
theory do you subscribe to? I've been saying that the meaning of
probabilities come from decision theory and specificly a probability only
has meaning if it actually is relevant to making a decision. So far no one
has posted a disagreement with that philosophy, but perhaps we don't all
agree. Would you like to clarify your position on this issue?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 04:13:54PM +0200, Bruno Marchal wrote:
> The mind-body problem is hard to formulate purely formally because it
> search a link between the somehow formal body and the non formal mind.

I think you can formalize the problem, or at least an aspect of it, in the
language of decision theory. So perhaps you can come back to this question
after reading Joyce's book.