I am sorry but I have to ask: why would "minds" be quantum
mechanical but "bat minds" be classical  in your suspicions?
I am not sure I am being "batocentric" here but I can anticipate
a lot of bats waving their wings in disagreament...

Stephen Paul King wrote:

> [SPK]
>     Yes. I strongly suspect that "minds" are quantum mechanical. My
> arguement is at this point very hand waving, but it seems to me that if
> minds are purely classical when it would not be difficult for us to imagine,
> i.e. compute, what it is like to "be a bat" or any other classical mind.

Joao Pedro Leao  :::  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
1815 Massachussetts Av. , Cambridge MA 02140
Work Phone: (617)-496-7990 extension 124
VoIP Phone: (617)=384-6679
Cell-Phone: (617)-817-1800
"All generalizations are abusive (specially this one!)"